As computers have become increasingly powerful, user expectations have risen exponentially. Consequently software engineers are moving towards large and complex object-oriented software systems..
These projects require a process that guides activities, directs individual and team tasks, specifies what needs to be developed, and monitors products and activities. The success of such an undertaking depends on a strong and well-proven process that drives and integrates its development, testing, deployment, and maintenance.
PTI strives to use development methods that control and coordinate these large-scale projects. PTI’s approach to project management embodies the Unified Software Development Process. The Unified Process (UP) is a comprehensive set of techniques and procedures that support the entire application development life cycle.
• Risk is reduced by using an iterative process.
• Projects are divided into a series of sub-projects that are developed, tested, and deployed incrementally.
• Sub-projects are less complex and easier to build.
• Team leaders have more control over project management.
• Project is flexible to change.
• Project status can be measured precisely.
• Entire project has complete documentation since each use-case can be traced from inception through implementation.
Benefits of PTI’s Unified Software Development Process:
This model does not target any particular kind of programming activity, and it can be applied to various development projects. The Unified Process is a framework that can be modified to different application areas, organizations, competence levels, and project sizes. UP is also a process that is built around use cases (scenarios that describe how users will interact with the system under construction). Finally, the process encourages developers to be architecture-centric, iterative and incremental in their approach to building software. Contact Us to learn more and see how we can help you reach your goals!